Thank you for using RIDx. This privacy notice explains how RIDx collects, uses, processes, discloses, retains, and protects personal information i) when we provide Services to you; and ii) when we process personally identifiable information at your instruction that may be included as part of the Content which you view, upload, download or otherwise appears on our Services.
When this privacy notice refers to “RIDx”, “us”, “we” or “our”, it refers to Yalla Organization for Media (an Iraqi NGO).
RIDx is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
- visit any of its websites or mobile sites, including www.RIDx.space, including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
- use any of its Services including RIDx Free and Pro and services made available from time to time (the "Platforms").
We call the Website, the Applications, the Platforms together the "Services".
To make this notice easier to read, any applicable RIDx Terms of Service are referred to as the “Terms”. If you see an undefined term in this Privacy Notice, it has the same definition as in our Terms.
RIDx provides tailored insight into the the pages you manage on Facebook on a single online portal. Our Services allow users to benchmark, analyze, tag, and visualize their data. To preform those functionalities, RIDx collates the posts and, with their attributes and attachments, saves them to an online database where the user has direct access to them.
RIDx helps its users analyze their Facebook pages, engage audiences and develop their content through in-built analysis options, analyze results. When you link your existing Facebook page or pages to your RIDx account, you can choose to instantly collect, process and access all of RIDx services.
Personal Information We Collect
Personally identifiable information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An personally identifiable natural person is an individual that can be identified, directly or indirectly, be referenced to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, specific location data, an online identifier, or other attributes specific to that natural person.
Personal information does not include information that has been anonymized or aggregated in such a way that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether on its own or in combination with other information. The personal information that we collect falls into two broad categories: Account Data and Content.
Account data (“Account Data”) is personal information you provide us, or that we collect from you and your devices in connection with your access to and use of our Services (such as when you provide us information to register for an account, or information we collect about your browser when you connect to one of our Services, etc.). In legal terms, we collect and use this Account Data as a data controller.
There are two general categories of Account Data we collect in order to provide you with the Services.
1. Information you give us
- Billing information. If you have purchased a paid version of the Services, we (and our third party payment processors) will collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes billing details and credit card information, other account and authentication information.
- Other information. You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, contact our customer support, respond to surveys or use other features of our Services. You may also provide us with other optional information as part of your account profile, including your usernames, avatars and links to the Social Network profiles you authenticate with your RIDx profile.
2. Information we automatically collect from your use of the Services
- Log data and usage information. Like most websites, when you view content on or otherwise interact with our Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Website. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, unique identifiers and cookie data.
- Location information. When you use our Services, we may collect information about your geographic location.
The content which you download or view on our Services and/or Platforms (defined as “Content” in our Terms) may, but does not necessarily, contain personal information. When we refer to “Content” in this notice, we mean the information in Content that we process. We only process Content at your direction. In legal terms, we act as data processors for the personal information included in the Content. Our obligations and commitments as it relates to our processing of Content on behalf of our users is outlined in the section below called Content – RIDx as a Data Processor.
Content – RIDx as a Data Processor
You, as an RIDx user, control how Content is generated, requested, submitted or published and processed on our Services. When you use our Services, you may view, create, and analyze Content which will ultimately be published on various Social Networks. You can also choose to access and/or link your RIDx account to your Facebook pages. The Content that flows through our Services may include personal information of all types, including but not limited to the following categories:
- user generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Social Networks)
- contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number)
- additional individual information (such as age, gender, employer, profession, geographic location, education information, financial status, habits and preferences)
- information relating to an individual’s real time location
As the user, you are the data controller of your Content and we are the data processor for such Content. You control how the Content you generate, request, submit or publish and process on our Services is utilized. We process the Content as pursuant to how noted above in the paragraph above unless specified and restricted by the user. When you connect your social media accounts through our Services, we only access, process, and use the Content to provide our Services subject to the Terms and the various terms and conditions imposed by the Social Networks. We may, in limited circumstances process Content for the purposes of improving the Services and functionalities users ask for as part of their RIDx experience.
If you are using the Services by invitation of a RIDx customer, whether that customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Content, which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
Account Data - How we use it
We use, store, and process Account Data as a data controller to provide, understand, improve and develop our Services, keep our Services safe and to comply with our legal obligations. More particularly, we use it to:
Identify our users
We use Account Data to identify you when you login to your account.
We use Account Data to enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you, including to:
- enable your access to our Services
- allow you to communicate with us and with other users
- verify your transactions, for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
- contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions
- keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us
- sell or market RIDx products and Services to you
Improve and optimize our Services
We use Account Data to:
- better understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, perform analytics, conduct research and improve the features and usability of the Services, test and troubleshoot new products and better understand and market to our users
- analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior
- create aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services
Keep our Services safe.
We use Account Data to verify accounts and activity, maintain the integrity of our Services, and to keep the Services safe and secure.
Account Data - Legal basis for use
Our legal basis for collecting and using Account Data as a data controller will depend on the specific context in which we collect it. However, as a data controller, we will collect personal information from you where:
- we have your consent to do so
- where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the RIDx Services you have requested), or
- where the processing is in our legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process Account Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If we ask you to provide Account Data to comply with a legal requirement we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest which are not already described in this notice, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Account Data - Access, control and correction of personal information and certain other important rights
As a user, you may update or correct most of your Account Data by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record. To make a request to have Account Data returned to you, removed, or to make additional corrections, please email our privacy team. Requests to access, correct, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days and may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws with regards to the personal information RIDx holds about you as a data controller, including:
- Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you may have a broader right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you – for example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, or as needed to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the Terms.
- Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that RIDx stops processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
- Right to restrict processing: You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
How long we keep personal information
We retain your Account Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, or enforcing our Terms.
We retain Content for as long as needed to provide the Services, or until you ask us to delete it pursuant to the Terms. We retain and use this Content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the Terms.
Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by RIDx for a reasonable period of time following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. Our specific retention periods for personal information are documented in our internal retention policies and any applicable retention schedules that we maintain as required by applicable law.
After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner, according to our data retention and deletion policies.
How we protect personal information
RIDx follows industry best practices to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the Account Data and Content we collect, use, process and store, and the current state of technology.
Cookies and similar technologies
Processing of Content
When we receive or access data from our various Social Networks, we do so at your request and within each Social Network’s terms and conditions. As our user, you ultimately decide which Social Networks or Third-Party Apps you want our Services to connect with and which Social Networks and/or Third-Party Apps you want to share your data with. We process your Content, at your instruction, acting as a conduit between you and the Social Networks that you connect to our Services.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by RIDx by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
Our Services are not intended for use by minors under the age of 18 and should only be accessed by individuals of at least 18 years old.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
RIDx is headquartered in Erbil, Kurdistan, in Iraq. You can contact our Privacy Team via email.